Kelly is committed to providing a safe and secure work environment free of violence, threats, intimidation, and harassment. When an immediate threat to your safety or the safety of others exists, contact local law enforcement authorities. In the event of a medical emergency, seek first aid or medical assistance.
If you are involved in, witness, or learn of any such inappropriate behavior occurring on Kelly’s or its customers’ premises in connection with employment with Kelly, you must report such behavior to your immediate supervisor.
Unless otherwise prohibited by state laws, it is the policy of Kelly Services that weapons of any kind, whether or not concealed, are prohibited on Kelly’s or its customers’ premises. Employees who carry a weapon on these premises are subject to immediate termination of employment.
An active threat is a person or persons who appear to be actively engaged in committing great bodily harm to others in populated areas. There is no one procedure that can be recommended for every active threat situation – you must quickly determine the most reasonable way to protect your safety – evacuate or shelter-in-place (hide out).
- Have an escape route and plan in mind.
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Keep your hands visible.
- Hide in an area out of the offender's view.
- Block the entry to your hiding place and lock the doors if possible.
- Silence your cell phone.
- Remain calm and follow instructions.
- Put down any items in your hands (e.g., bags, jackets).
- Raise your hands and spread your fingers.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Avoid quick movements toward officers, such as holding onto them for safety.
- Avoid pointing, screaming, or yelling.