Kelly is committed to providing a safe and secure work environment free of violence, threats, intimidation, and harassment. When an immediate threat to your safety or the safety of others exists, contact local law enforcement authorities. In the event of a medical emergency, seek first aid or medical assistance.
If you are involved in, witness, or learn of any such inappropriate behavior occurring on Kelly’s or its customers’ premises in connection with employment with Kelly, you must report such behavior to your immediate supervisor.
Report all incidents to your Kelly Representative, immediate supervisor, Human Resources, or the Kelly Services Business Conduct and Ethics Reporting Program: 877-978-0049.
Unless otherwise prohibited by state laws, it is the policy of Kelly Services that weapons of any kind, whether or not concealed, are prohibited on Kelly’s or its customers’ premises. Employees who carry a weapon on these premises are subject to immediate termination of employment.
Responding to an Active Threat
- If possible, remove yourself and others from any dangerous situations
- Have an escape route and plan in mind.
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Keep your hands visible.
- Hide in an area out of the offender's view.
- Block the entry to your hiding place and lock the doors if possible.
- Use furniture or other heavy objects to barricade the entrance of a room.
- Silence your cell phone.
- If no other option is available, be prepared to Fight.
- Arm yourself with anything you can from around the office
- Remember, this is a life or death situation, if you must fight, be prepared to fully commit to your actions.
- Remain calm and follow instructions.
- Put down any items in your hands (e.g., bags, jackets).
- Raise your hands and spread your fingers.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Avoid quick movements toward officers, such as holding onto them for safety.
- Avoid pointing, screaming, or yelling.