Recycling and Waste Management
Reducing our impact on the environment
Kelly encourages recycling as a key component of waste management. Besides preventing the waste of practical materials—recycling reduces our use of raw materials and energy, while also reducing air and water pollution through conventional waste disposal. Below are a variety of our recycling and waste management initiatives:
Kelly Services participates in, and is a member of, EPA Waste Wise which promotes recycling and recognizes corporations for their recycling efforts. In 20011 alone Kelly Services’ Corporate Campus recycled 300 tons of material which included the following: aggregate, batteries, computers, concrete, electronics, grease, light bulbs, metal and office paper.
Kelly’s efforts in 2011 generated 980 GHG reductions (MTCO2E) which is equivalent to:
- The annual GHG emissions from 179 passenger vehicles
- 7 acres of standing forest (based on CO2 sequestration per tree)
- The Annual emissions from the energy consumption of 89 households (based on annual emissions per household)
- 111,200 gallons of gasoline (based on CO2 emissions per gallon)
- 40,820 propane cylinders used for home barbeques (based on CO2 emissions per -pound of propane)
- 338 tons of waste recycled instead of land filled (based on CO2 emissions per ton of waste land filled)
- 2,278 barrels of oil
- Approximately 280 tons of Waste Prevented, Recycled and Composted
The data in each of the statements above are not cumulative.